CNC Precision Machining
- Comprehensive precision machining capabilities with over 200+ vertical milling, horizontal milling, gear shaping, gear hobbing, and multi-spindle lathe machines across North America and Asia catering to a diversified set of market verticals including the aerospace, medical devices, semiconductor, and commercial industries.
- 3 / 4 / 5 axis high speed milling. The PMI Group specializes in 5-axis machining allowing it to work five surfaces in one setup, thereby reducing cycle time and reducing cost through increased efficiency and repeatability of stringent geometric tolerances. The PMI Group also specializes in simultaneous 4th and 5th axis milling achieving the most sophisticated components to close geometric tolerances.
- Equipment makes include Kitamura, Deckel Maho, Hardinge, Citizen, Haas, Daewoo, Doosan, gear hobbing/shaping machines and other internationally well known brands.
- Routinely holding tolerances of .0001” of inch in production.
- Standard and exotic alloys: Extensive machining experience with a wide array of exotic alloys including Titanium, Inconel, Invar, various alloys of Stainless Steel and Aluminum, Cobalt Chrome, and plastics such as PEEK and UHMWPE.
- Engineered materials: Machining of highly engineered materials such as metal matrix composites with up to 30% silicon carbide content to achieve geometric tolerances of .0002” inch.